Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plateauing at -10 in LR

Anyone have any suggestions to break a plateau in LR? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Are you able to do better than -10 untimed? I would say that if that is your timed and untimed score, I'd review CC or drill untimed sections until it starts to click (sometimes it just takes exposure to a ton of questions, I know it did for me).
    If you can perform significantly better untimed, try giving yourself an extra 5 minutes on LR problem sets, as that gets easier, start shaving the time down to regulation.
    Secondly, be sure that you are reviewing your sections and PTs (if you are taking PTs) thoroughly, with a true blind review: sit with the questions, work through them, untimed, until you can make sense of them. This part can be frustrating and tedious, but until you understand what the flaw is in all the incorrect answers and why the correct answers are correct, it is very difficult to see real improvement in this section as this is where the "cookie cutter" patterns start to be revealed.

Hope that helps!

• dicino63dicino63 Core Member
    142 karma

Have you taken a look at the 'analytics' page? That really helped me nail down LR question types that I miss frequently, and has helped me average -1 to -5 on LR by just focusing on those types. The Loophole also helped quite a bit, especially with SA and NA question types.