Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No volunteer work

So I don't have any volunteer work to put on my resume and am worried about it hurting my application/chances. I did 2 semester-long internships while in school (family services and sheriff's office), 2 babysitting positions during 2 other semesters, 2 law firm internships during different summers, a part-time job every summer, and I studied abroad one semester.

So, it's not like I was sitting around not doing anything, but I feel like it may look bad in terms of character because although I was busy, I could have made time to volunteer on the weekends etc. I feel like starting a volunteer position now would just look like I'm just doing it for my applications (although there are several causes I genuinely would like to volunteer for). Any insight on what I should do or if I should just hope it doesn't hurt me too much?

I did participate in two clubs during school, an animal welfare club, and Italian-American society (I'm Italian), but I did not have any leadership roles, just went to the weekly meetings and participated in the events, so not sure if I should even include these. The Italian-American society was more about appreciating Italian culture through Italian food and traditions. So not really for an important cause or anything.

Also, should I include my 2 babysitting positions on my resume? One was only 5 hours a week and the other was 10. If so, how and where would I list them?

Any insight at all would help! Thank you!

Comments

• berkeleyiloveuberkeleyiloveu Core Member
    17 karma

I think you should list the babysitting! I wouldnt stress about the volunteering. You are clearly keeping busy and working hard.