Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First timer Question

mogollalawyermogollalawyer Core Member
in General 11 karma

Hello everyone!

I was hoping for some advice in regards to improving speed across all sections… I have been prepping for quite some time now and have made my way through the lsat trainer, powerscore books, and manhattan prep books. I feel like I finally understand the concepts behind each section/question stem, but my inability to finish each section on time is a major concern.

For context, I have been using the blind review method for about two weeks now, but keep running into the same problem. I am PTing around 156 and feel 100% certainty with the answer choices I submit, but the issue is that I’ll leave every section with around 8 or more unanswered questions. The only reason I’m even scoring a 156 with all of the blanks in each section is because the answers I do finish are always right, and more importantly they make sense to me... But obviously that means very little when my goal is to PT in the high 160s ASAP.

Please let me know if you have found yourself in a similar situation, and if so, what has helped you with your timing? I feel like the blind review hasn’t been helping me with this particular issue, because the missed questions end up being what I review during the untimed assessment and it’s potentially keeping me in the same cycle.

Do you have any ideas on how I can perhaps approach BR differently to tackle this specific problem?

I would truly appreciate any wisdom you can share here! It’s my first time here, so thank you. Also, my lsat is coming up real soon… haha.

Comments

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

What I did for timing issues, especially if you feel confident with the material, is notice how long you take to do a full section with accuracy (mine was 45 mins at the start) and provide yourself with that extra time at first, then every other day you can reduce your allotted time by 2-3 mins and I kept doing that until I reached 32 mins with accuracy. It's all about training yourself to be consistent, best of luck!

• mogollalawyermogollalawyer Core Member
    11 karma

Thank you! That’s great advice, I’ll definitely start adding that in throughout the weekend. I am averaging around 45 minutes now too, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that 30 minutes is plausible by November. Best of luck to you as well!

• beccablack97beccablack97 Member
    18 karma

If RC is a section you struggle on with timing (I used to need 50+ min) I started reading for fun before bed. It really helped me with my speed. Your brain is a muscle! You just have to train it to do what you want!