Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accommodations 186%?

RaceTo180RaceTo180 Member
in General 130 karma

Hi, I am approved for my accommodations, and it is my understanding that the most time you can get is 100% extra time but, going through practice test I see an option for 186% time? Is it possible to get accommodations for 186%? or is 100% extra time the most LSAC can provide?

I have MS and am blind.

Comments

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited November 2021 1431 karma

Hi there,

Yes, we learned from LSAC that there are candidates that are approved with more than 100% time accommodations. A student got approved for +186% time and wanted to take PrepTests using this accommodation so we recently added this option on the digital tester.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

• RaceTo180RaceTo180 Member
    130 karma

I had no idea!! I want to thank you! I reached out to them and I have been given 151% additional time!!! I was under the impression 100% was the highest you can get!!!
    I am blind and have MS, so that helps.

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1431 karma

@rgs42250 said:
    I had no idea!! I want to thank you! I reached out to them and I have been given 151% additional time!!! I was under the impression 100% was the highest you can get!!!

That's so great! We are so happy you are able to get approved of the 151% time accommodation!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

That is awesome! Congrats!!!

• hotranchsaucehotranchsauce Member
    288 karma

@rgs42250 said:

I'm in a situation similar to what you were in. I have a 50% increase and want to request a 100% increase. I have a question for you though: when you reached out to them for a request of additional time increase, how did you do that? Did you have to re submit all documentation, or was it basically like an email saying "hey, can we do 151% increase instead of my initially approved 100% increase?"

• @hotranchsauce If your requesting more additional time then you should definitely email the accommodations team/email. I would suggest you provide good reasoning for why you need it, and state that without the increase - you wouldn't be able to reflect your full potential on the exam.

• RaceTo180RaceTo180 Member
    130 karma

I am sorry for the late response, I just saw this. I had to re-submit all the documents, and my initial document (disability certificate) were from 2016 and they want documents that were issued in the last 5 years. So I re-submitted it. Email is a good way to add minor accommodation but for major time increment, I would recommend re-submitting or sending an email to ask them which documents are required and then take it from there.