Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extent of having to rewrite essays in reapplications

edited November 2021 in Law School Admissions 15 karma

Hi everyone!

Was wondering about the extent to which essays forming part of one's application have to be re-done in respect of re-applications. I did engage a consultant last time around and submitted my applications with a full suite of school-specific/optional essays, and would prefer to minimize the amount of re-work I have to do, this cycle. I am given to understand that: (a) applications of re-applicants are attached with their prior applications while being reviewed by admissions committees; and (b) it is advisable to re-write at least one's personal statement. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

I'm hoping to apply with an LSAT score in the early to mid 170s to the T-14. I'm taking the January LSAT. Depending on how it goes, I might consider deferring to the next admissions cycle (though I'm strongly averse to doing that for a variety of reasons). If I do score above the 75th percentile of the schools to which I apply, would it be worth applying this cycle, with rewritten essays (to the extent required)?

Many thanks in advance!