Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suffering from injury while taking LSAT

annaemurphy279annaemurphy279 Core Member
in General 99 karma

Hello everyone,

I recently injured my rotator cuff, and although I'm in the beginning of taking my doctor's recommended medicine, I am concerned that I will not be healed by the time of the November LSAT next weekend. Fortunately, the injury is not in my dominant arm, but it is very uncomfortable moving and even to an extent sitting still.

My question is, God forbid my injury is causing me a lot of discomfort on test day, and it distracts me and in turn negatively impacts my test score, is this something I should write a LSAT addendum on? And if so, should I include a note written by my doctor corroborating my injury and its symptoms?

What do you think?

Thank you

Comments

• Jumbo__TJumbo__T Alum Member
    edited November 2021 28 karma

I think you should avoid writing an addendum. If I were an admissions officer, I would think to myself, "why did they choose to take the November test if they knew they were injured?" I would either commit fully to taking the November test or push the exam back to January and prioritize recovery. For me, stressing about the uncertainty of recovering in time would put me in an anxious headspace, and you need to be confident going into this exam. If you take the time to recover fully, you'll feel confident going into your test and not have to wonder about how well you could've done without an injury. It's incredibly inconvenient, but even a couple of extra points on the LSAT can make a massive difference in your applications. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you a speedy recovery and the best of luck!