Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

T14 wider applicant pool?

edited November 2021 in Law School Admissions 49 karma

Hi everyone! I recently scored 169 (95th percentile) on the October lsat and my GPA is 3.8. I just got an email inviting me to apply from freaking Yale of all places. I know those are good credentials, but I was barely considering applying to the bottom of T14, so I was shocked to receive even a generic email from Yale. So, do we think that they might be widening up the applicant pool this year? Maybe we’ll end up having a lucky admissions cycle. What do you guys think?

Comments

• _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Core Member
    15 karma

I thought this year was expected to be narrower because of delayed applicants last year. But hey I won't make complaints if things are relaxed!

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

The only thing that demonstrates interest in me as a candidate is an acceptance letter.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

App farming... normal. Helps your selectivity metric if you have a ton of apps relative to actual offers. Not to say you couldn't get in, but thats what those emails are.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I wouldn't think anything of getting an email inviting you to apply. I scored a 162 and received an email from HLS, lol.