Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips to memorize LR indicators??

bekabewley-1bekabewley-1 Core Member

Hi all

I’m looking for any tips for memorizing the logical indicators (group 1, 2, 3, 4 and what to do with each of them). Does anyone have any tips? I tried Flashcards and electronic Flashcards but I’m just not a memorization person.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27891 karma

I'm not a memorization person either, so I think seeing them in context is really important. You'll never need to recite a list of indicators, so think about your real objective with learning them. What you really need is for these to trigger recognition when you come across them. That's the value of learning them, that's the goal. And of course there's other ways of achieving that objective other than memorizing the list.

So be creative. Formulate an exercise that will help you achieve the underlying objective. One thing I did, for example, was to write out a bunch of sentences with each indicator. I just made it intuitive: "If I jump in the lake, then I'll be wet." This is a great example because we really understand it. Run through triggering and failing each condition to see how it makes sense: If I jump in the the lake, yeah, I will definitely be wet. If I don't jump in the lake, I won't necessarily be wet, but I might be anyway because maybe it's raining. If I'm not wet then I definitely didn't jump in the lake. If I'm wet, I could've jumped in the lake, but I could also just be in the shower. Or a swimming pool. Or maybe someone threw me into the lake--then I'd be in the lake but I didn't jump in the lake.

If you work through 20 of these for each indicator, I'll bet the indicator will ring a bell when you next come across it. 20 is an arbitrary number, but it seems like a number that would be effective and which I'd still probably prefer to rote memorization.

You could do other stuff too, this is just what comes to mind for me. The point is, start with understanding your learning objective. That should be your focus. From there, you can come up with something that'll get you there. For many people, it's memorization. For many others, it might be something else. Whatever the case is, form the exercise to the objective in a way that works for you.

• daviddubosejrdaviddubosejr Member
    24 karma

Someone made this and it can be a helpful reference if you are a visual personhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1yjJX7betNQV1e1ZK4sjY6Atfmdu87-IcH50feYFCRPQ/edit