Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking 4th LSAT

Sherry.WSherry.W Member
edited December 2021 in General 13 karma

I canceled my first, I retook one and got a 146:( . After I registered with 7 sage for a month, my PT’s are around 158-164., but my most recent LSAT was 146:( (I was so disappointed with myself). Should I apply and then transfer or should I do 3 more months and take my 4th time? ( I know it is many times, I was not intended to do so)

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

If you think you can improve your score, I'd take it again. You want to apply with the strongest application you can, and the LSAT is an important component of that. Your chances of getting into many schools goes up drastically with just a few more points. January does put you later in the cycle, but it would be better to be a bit late than to have a less competitive application, especially this cycle. I took it 4 times, you can take it up to 5, use all your shots if you need to!

• Sherry.WSherry.W Member
    13 karma

@sarakimmel your words give me a bit comfort now. Will taking 4th test hurt your overall application? I did not sign up for January test, I am planning to take it before 2023 cycle, so I am gonna use the time before that to do 3 months study and part time job. Will it be working out ? I am a bit lost to be honest. ……

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

Taking a 4th test will not hurt your application at all. I have heard of people who have taken 7 tests and gotten into T-14 schools. Since you're waiting for the 2023 cycle, I would really take your time and make sure you feel as confident as possible before you take your next test. Don't take it before you feel as ready as possible. I would recommend studying for the next June test at the earliest. For reference, I took around 40 Practice Tests before I took my LSAT. Sara probably took even more!

• Take the LSAT when you feel that you have reached your fullest potential.

13 karma

@"andrew.rsn" LSAT really gives me headaches😂 a solid 3 month study will be enough for June 2023? Thank you for your advice on PT’s

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

@"andrew.rsn" is 100% right, it will not hurt your chances to have multiple takes, but a low score certainly can. If you do not need to apply this cycle, it would be best to wait to take the test until you are really ready, and consistently scoring in your target range on PTs that simulate the actual test as best as possible.

FTR, if I don't count retakes, I only took 39 PTs ;)

13 karma

One more question guys: for multiple takes on test, I will need a LSAT addendum for application. Any advice for how to format and structure it?

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

Personally, I'm not sure you would need an LSAT addendum - these are only for massive score increases/decreases that may raise questions for the admissions committee.

Admissions committee's expect applicants to take the LSAT multiple times, and especially if there is a 6-month gap between takes will expect to see some sort of increase or change. If you by some chance score a 170+ on your 4th exam - you may want to write an addendum as that score jump may raise some eyebrows. However, if you jump up 10 points to the high 150's, that to me at least is quite reasonable if you put in the time and work.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.