Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a good diagnostic score?

Sensrock20Sensrock20 Alum Member
in General 38 karma

About to take my diagnostic and I'm unsure what to expect. What would you all think is a good or bad score. less than 140 is bad, 140-149 is decent, and 150+ is good? Thanks!

Comments

• 1050 karma

Try not to assign value to your diagnostic, it's simply a post to mark where you're starting. Your diagnostic doesn't say anything about your potential, just where you are at the beginning of your journey. Good luck!

• 571 karma

A diagnostic score means nothing in my book. It might be loosely correlative to final scores but is in no way necessary for a good score. I know it is nearly impossible to do but try to take your score with a grain of salt.

• fjb627fjb627 Member
    18 karma

Agreed with poster above. Diagnostic means nothing. I scored a 141 on my diagnostic. This was a cold diagnostic. I never read an LSAT question in my life before that test. I was puzzled as to what the question even wanted me to do. On top of that, there were time constraints. I ended up not answering 31 questions. I completely guessed on others.

I just ended the core curriculum and will take my first PT within the next couple of days. I know I will see a significant improvement simply bc I now understand each question type. Furthermore, on drill sets, I notice that I often choose the same answers as those who score 162-168.

• Sensrock20Sensrock20 Alum Member
    38 karma

@Burden.of.Floof @DontPay4LawSchool @fjb627 Thank you all. I guess I won't put too much weight on my diagnostic! Will start it tomorrow, excited to see my score however.