Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Started w/ Logic Games-- What's the best method?

jul_rose-1jul_rose-1 Member

I am just starting my lessons with Logic Games and I want to know the best method of attack. I know LG allows a lot of room for improvement so I know I can tackle these questions with the right approach.

I have been taking the problem sets untimed because I do not feel like I am capable of doing timed sections yet. Most of the time, I get a majority of the answers right but at double the allotted time. I intend to "foolproof" the games from the problem sets before moving on in my LG studies.

What I don't know is when I should start taking the problem sets under time constraints. I definitely struggle with making inferences. What is the best way to strengthen my inferencing skills? Just practice?

Any other recommendations?

Comments

• edited January 2022 15 karma

The best way to strengthen your inference making skills is practice. Most of the inferences as JY indicates are repeated throughout problem sets. If you keep practicing, you will start seeing the inferences repeat themselves over time and be more comfortable making them as time goes on. This is with exception to the Misc games. However, those ones are so odd and unique they end up being simpler than it initially seems.

Another thing that really helps me is mindset—these logic puzzles are not meant to be impossible. They are solvable. If something feels impossible, you are either missing an inference or reading something wrong.