Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should one wait for CRS fee-waiver from T14 at this point

lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member

If someone updated to current application cycle in their CRS recently 1 week ago, then how long after can they expect CRS application fee-waivers from T14? How long does it take for CRS fee-waiver to trigger?

I mistakenly didn't update CRS app cycle until last week, and plan to apply to a few schools in T14 that are known to give out fee-waiver from CRS. Should one hold out for waiver or at this late in the cycle CRS doesn't do it?

Comments

• lethal_baconlethal_bacon Member
    107 karma

Hello lsat2016! I'm in the exact same boat, only registered a week ago thinking I had already done so.

I have no basis for when or how often the T-14s send the application fee waivers and had already applied to them when I realized I wasn't registered :( However, I did reach out to USC Admissions asking politely if they had any fee waivers and they got back to me very quickly. Within a day I had the fee waived. Also ASU recently offered to the pay fee waiver and CAS fee.

Point being, I don't think I'd wait any longer, just reach out directly to the schools (although I'm not sure how effective this is for HYS all depending of course on stats). I've gotten fee waivers for other schools organically via CRS since, but no T-14s -- again though it has only been a week and I already applied so I doubt I'll get anything.

Hope that helps!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Just email them and ask for a fee waiver. Many of them have stopped sending waivers based on CRS data by now.

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@lethal_bacon said:
    Hello lsat2016! I'm in the exact same boat, only registered a week ago thinking I had already done so.

I have no basis for when or how often the T-14s send the application fee waivers and had already applied to them when I realized I wasn't registered :( However, I did reach out to USC Admissions asking politely if they had any fee waivers and they got back to me very quickly. Within a day I had the fee waived. Also ASU recently offered to the pay fee waiver and CAS fee.

Point being, I don't think I'd wait any longer, just reach out directly to the schools (although I'm not sure how effective this is for HYS all depending of course on stats). I've gotten fee waivers for other schools organically via CRS since, but no T-14s -- again though it has only been a week and I already applied so I doubt I'll get anything.

Hope that helps!

NYU said they don't offer fee-waiver based on merit. Not sure if it means CRS or not?
    Berk, PENN, Duke said they send it from CRS, but since I added it only a week ago I doubt if I'd get it.