Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it normal to burn out after 5+ problem sets?

letsgo1stletsgo1st Alum Member

By problem sets I mean the LR ones with 5 questions each, usually in the middle range (in the numbered list of problem sets). I feel like my brain is burning out too quickly considering that I would have to solve 50 LR questions on the real LSAT.

Also, how many "3+ difficulty" questions are there usually in a single LR section (approx. 25 questions total)? I'm getting -1 or -0 on problem sets with questions below or equal to "3 difficulty" but getting more than 1 wrong in sets with questions with "3+ difficulty" and am scared :/

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks guys.

Comments

• kwillar9kwillar9 Member
    248 karma

It seems like you are currently going through the core curriculum. If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about mental burnout or how many 3+ difficulty questions there will be on the test. You're experiencing burnout after a few problem sets because your training your brain to work in ways it's never had to before (which is exhausting). I experienced the same thing going through the core curriculum. Especially lots of frustration which furthered the burnout potential.

LR will become intuitive with time and your brain will be stronger and much less prone to burnout. Give yourself patience and breaks.

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1116 karma

A few thoughts on the burnout point -

1) Technically speaking, you won't have to do 50 LR questions. Just 25-26 (unless your experimental is LR).

2) Keep in mind on the actual LSAT you have a) a 1-minute break in between sections (and 10 minutes after two sections) and b) that you will be switching between sections, which mixes things up and gives you a pseudo-break

3) Generally speaking, you should try to give yourself breaks when studying. A lot of people (me included) like the "Pomodoro Technique" of studying for 25 minutes with a 5 minute break, repeat.

Regarding 3, 4, 5 star questions, it generally depends. You can expect most of the first 5 questions to be 1-2 star, 5-10 to be mostly 2-3 stars, and then 11-25 is a bit more of a mixed bag. Those will almost always be 3 star and higher, with usually 2-4 5 star questions and the rest being a balance of 3 and 4 stars. The hardest often are located in questions 15-20.

• letsgo1stletsgo1st Alum Member
    121 karma

@kwillar9 @RaphaelP hey guys, thank you for your answers, they were really helpful. i will keep them in mind as i study through the core curriculum. thank you again.

• Currently going straight through the CC. Currently learning MBT, validity, some and most relationships, it's actually tough. Take breaks when you need to. Remember this is a marathon, not a sprint.