Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does a diagnostic score mean?

jeannie.lee1212jeannie.lee1212 Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma

Did you just take a random PT without knowing anything about what the LSAT even is, and is that considered your diagnostic score?

I actually started the LSAT journey in March 2021. I didn’t have a curriculum, I was just taking random PTs here and there, check answers, and study off of the answer explanations. I to this day never took a timed test, and all my untimed tests were always in the 160s. Then I took a half year long break. If I take a timed test now, would that be my diagnostic?

Comments

• KariOmooKariOmoo Member
    70 karma

Welcome back! Short answer: Yes, I recommend taking a timed test as a "diagnostic" now to see where you're at. I would also Blind Review it (explanation in the curriculum).

Long answer: Imo, I would just view the diagnostic as a diagnostic. It's just a tool to see where you're at and what you need to work on. It's one of those things that I don't like to overthink.

When taking the diagnostic, I recommend 1.) take PT 36 if it is still available to you 2.) take it under time constraints that are appropriate for you (accommodations/no accommodations) 3.) take it in the environment you think you will take the real test (room, time of day, routine, etc.)

When reviewing your results, I would take the following into consideration for your future studies: 1.) Content. What sections did I struggle on? What questions in those sections did I struggle on? 2.) Timing. What was my pace throughout the test? What timing strategies can I start forming?

Imo these are the 2 crucial elements to your success and the earlier you start considering them as you go through curriculum and PTs, the better.