Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whoa! retaking. not too surprised though

sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
in General 1501 karma
Embarrassing but, I got a 141 :( However, I winged it. I barely studied. I didn't do much on this site except read the beginnings. So now it's clear, crystal clear, that I need to buckle down & focus on studying my heart out. Anyone else retaking!? Don't judge me please, my score is terrible I know. The school I want to go to has a median of 148. So I definitely need improvement at least by 10 would be ideal.

Comments

• cooplaurencooplauren Member
    10 karma
    Don't worry, I am retaking too. Ended up with a 147. Better than my first practice test (scored 143). I managed to put in 55 hours studying over six weeks, but I had too much going on (working full time, part time school and volunteering). I am going to retake in December and cut down on school and volunteering.

The school I want to go to does not place too much emphasis on LSAT score. People have gotten in with 146-147, but it does not happen too often. On the bright side, at least we took the test early enough to retake.

Oh and I don't know about you, but I had two logic games sections. One I did extremely well on and I bombed the other. The one I did well on ended up being experimental. Not my lucky day haha.

Good luck to you, and hopefully you don't feel too bad about your score. I was disappointed with my score too, but at least we know what we need to do, and we have time left to retake.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    That's alright man. You're actually really brave for two things: 1) For admitting your score (which truly doesn't say anything negative about you...it's just a score); 2) Admitting what the issue is, which is the first step in fixing the issue. I'm rooting for you and I'm confident that you got this.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    MY PT average was 158 and i scored 153...i have one more shot at a retake i apparently blew reading comp which i'm usually good for 20+ correct in that section, i ended up missing like half that's what did my score in...
  • sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma
    Same here-- 2 logic games sections, did well on one.. and bad on the other. And during PTs, my strong point was reading comp, and uhhhhh not so much this LSAT.
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'd say that's why I admitted my score on here.. for some encouragement :-) Much needed, but yes, I do know what I did wrong and where I need to focus for studying this time around.