Accommodations - will I be rejected?

Hi all!

I applied today for 50% additional time. But, there are a lot of things I feel weaken my request.

First, I was diagnosed really recently. My parents didn't really believe in learning disabilities, so I struggled a lot in school. It was after taking the LSAT in January I realized WOW, I am holding myself back here. So, I went to a psychiatrist. I was diagnosed with ADHD and anxiety disorder by two different psychiatrists. And let me tell you, this was a tough thing to do. The assessments were incredibly expensive and I'm not flush with cash. I say this to communicate I genuinely believe I need this accommodation to have an equal chance to do well on the test.

Additionally, I have taken the test twice. The first was in 2018. I canceled that test because I did so, so poorly given what I recognize now were symptoms. I kept studying. I took the test in January 2021 and got a 165, which was really, really low below my own abilities because I spent so much time trying to concentrate and dealing with my anxiety.

I highlighted in my statement of need how taking the LSAT led me to realize I had these problems and that's why I don't have a lot of history with my diagnosis.

This is a new kind of chance me, I suppose. Will i get approved despite a "good enough" score and a recent diagnosis?

Comments

• christgschristgs Core Member
    10 karma

I don't believe that they take previous scores into consideration, but I could be wrong. Since you had two psychiatrists diagnosing I imagine that is more than enough for them to consider it adequate grounds for extra time.

• koza18koza18 Member
    116 karma

I would call LSAC if you're worried. They're really really understanding and will definitely let you know. Also, prior scores are definitely not taken into consideration when making their decision; LSAC really just looks at your doctors' note.

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    342 karma

I believe you would be fine.