Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deposit Question

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited February 2022 in Law School Admissions 1417 karma

Hello 7 Sage Community,

I recently received an offer to my best option school. I am still looking to apply to a school that I really want to attend.

If I do get admitted to the school that I really want to attend, can I still withdraw from the law school I deposited for?

My understanding is the only loss will be I cannot retrieve the deposit I put down for the best option school?

Thank you for your time and help. Good luck everyone!

Comments

• roxsnnekinnally2roxsnnekinnally2 Free Trial Member
    1 karma

Hi everyone I apply to one school but my score is very low what van I do to improve my score

• 571 karma

It depends on the school so carefully read the conditions of the seat deposit. Some require that you withdraw all other applications. If there is no agreement that you must withdraw (or anything equal), then you only lose out on the money.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. According to LSAC's State of Good Admissions Practices, https://www.lsac.org/about/lsac-policies/statement-good-admission-and-financial-aid-practices, a candidate who has deposited at one school is free to deposit at another school. Schools can have their own deposit policies, so you should pay attention to their deposit instructions. However, in most instances, you can withdraw from a program to which you have deposited. You should not expect to receive the deposit back, though. Good luck!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Got it and thank you @"Selene Steelman"