Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Referencing from past game boards (of same game)

letsgo1stletsgo1st Alum Member
in Logic Games 121 karma

For example, for PT5 S2 Q17, JY solves the question by referencing from his past game boards from past questions to eliminate a majority of the ACs.

Does everyone "save" their game boards like JY does? If so, how do you go about drawing each of them out under limited time? Do you just scribble relevant figures in similar positions without making a full board?

So far, I have been making master game boards using pen and erasing memos written in pencil before moving onto the next question.

I'm curious because I feel like using JY's technique might be a game changer for me. Thank you.

Comments

• edited March 2022 571 karma

So, I take a really unique approach that may divorce from JY's methods -- although, they are definitely great. I typically build a single game board in a horizontal fashion like such:

__ __ __ | __ __ __ | __ __ __

From here, I stack my worlds vertically and cross out any worlds I realize are inoperable. This way, I can quickly scan up or down and see which worlds worked and which didn't. Of course, if I notice that games can be split into two distinct types of worlds, I might draw out two different game boards for that purpose. I hope this helps and this way you can avoid using pencil!

• lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
    536 karma

When it comes to the game board do you build a single game board for all the games.

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

@letsgo1st, Personally, I solve most games similar to JY. I think having access to past game boards for reference is more beneficial than the minute or two you think you're saving from not having to create a new game board for each question. But that's me, try it out and see if it works for you.

@lawyer2021, usually you have a "master game board," sometimes you split on a rule and have more than one master game board. But you almost always have at least one master game board to reference.

• letsgo1stletsgo1st Alum Member
    121 karma

thank you for your detailed answers @DontPay4LawSchool and @claremont !