Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT5.S1.Q01- Something must be done to.. (Translating the Stimulus)

Jaylin SmallJaylin Small Member
edited April 2022 in Logical Reasoning 56 karma

Any help with this question and translating the stimulus?

Comments

• malbarazimalbarazi Yearly Member
    8 karma

help

Hey! This might be super late but I saw your discussion post and thought I would respond to potentially help you, but also help me explain it out loud!

So I actually tabbed this question because I was conflicted between AC C and E. I ended up going for C, and the right AC was E.

I didn't pick E because I thought that it directly contradicted the part in the stimulus that reads "but now that stores and workplaces are located far away from residential areas...." However, upon review, the key word NEW BUSINESSES in the AC clarifies a key difference.

Why AC C was wrong: Reading the stimulus I can see that much of the argument has to do with the businesses moving, not the residents. Another reason why AC C is not a viable conclusion/ solution, is because no matter where the residents of small towns moved to (the city centre, suburb, etc), the stimulus says that ALL roads are experiencing traffic congestion, yet points to the most extreme example, highways, to make it's argument. Moving to the suburb would probably cause more congestion if anything.

I placed a #help because I would love if any 7Sage tutor could confirm or challenge my thought process here. Thanks!