PT2.S2.Q21 - One method of dating the emergence

KI_Lawnupe9KI_Lawnupe9 Member
edited April 2022 in Logical Reasoning 38 karma

I chose correctly during the actual PT but picked wrong during BR. I'm having trouble finding the conclusion in the passage to find the correct inference. I picked AC: A because I thought the other choices were irrelevant.

Comments

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

There is no conclusion. It's a premise set with information that doesn't contradict. You can be fairly confident when you read stimuli such as this that it's going to ask you to make an inference about the information given.

AC A: The stimulus tells us nothing about what scientists originally thought about the relationship between pandas and red pandas. It's not supported.

AC D : This is the correct answer. It's supported by the premises:

"Scientists theorize that the more genetically similar two species are to each other, the more recently they diverged from a common ancestor"
    +
    "...scientists concluded that bears and raccoons diverged 30 to 50 million years ago."
    +
    "...10 million years before giant pandas diverged from the other bears"

• KI_Lawnupe9KI_Lawnupe9 Member
    38 karma

@claremont said:
    There is no conclusion. It's a premise set with information that doesn't contradict. You can be fairly confident when you read stimuli such as this that it's going to ask you to make an inference about the information given.

AC A: The stimulus tells us nothing about what scientists originally thought about the relationship between pandas and red pandas. It's not supported.

AC D : This is the correct answer. It's supported by the premises:

"Scientists theorize that the more genetically similar two species are to each other, the more recently they diverged from a common ancestor"
    +
    "...scientists concluded that bears and raccoons diverged 30 to 50 million years ago."
    +
    "...10 million years before giant pandas diverged from the other bears"

thanks