Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Testing Region Questions

in General 49 karma

I was wondering if anyone knows whether we can take US tests even if we are physically located in other regions with different time zones? My initial thought would be: as long as we can match the time zone of the online proctor, there shouldn't be any issue?

Also, is there any difference in the test itself among different regions?

Appreciate it if anyone can input on this. Thanks!

Comments

• Slyder_VDCSlyder_VDC Core Member
    30 karma

Hi!

As an international student, I have the exact same question since some test dates are not available in regions other than the US.

The LSAT being remotely administered, I assume it should be possible to select any area, but I am not quite sure so I asked LSAC info about it.

Feel free to tell me if you got an answer since your post, or if anyone else knows something about it, it would be great as registering opens today!

• 49 karma

@Slyder_VDC said:
    Hi!

As an international student, I have the exact same question since some test dates are not available in regions other than the US.

The LSAT being remotely administered, I assume it should be possible to select any area, but I am not quite sure so I asked LSAC info about it.

Feel free to tell me if you got an answer since your post, or if anyone else knows something about it, it would be great as registering opens today!

Hi, looks like there is so-called IP restriction for different testing locations. So to play it safe, I would just register the test that's in your location.

If LSAC replies with different reponse, could you also update here? Thanks!

• Slyder_VDCSlyder_VDC Core Member
    30 karma

Hi, below is the answer I got from LSAC:

"Thank you for contacting LSAC. If you will be located outside of the U.S or Canada on test day, you will need to register for an internationally offered online LSAT exam. To test in your home country, you will need to select either the October 2022, January 2023, April 2023 or June 2023 LSAT exam dates."