Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameboard Setup

harleen.nigahharleen.nigah Core Member
edited May 2022 in Logic Games 5 karma

Quick question -
I've just finished the grouping games intro videos on the CC. After watching JY walk through the solutions, I'm wondering, do we always just notate the necessary conditions on the gameboards?

For example, game 4 on PT26 (the lawmakers and scientists with one chairperson) has two not both rules. G -> /V and H -> /Y. Instead of notating G or H in, JY notates /V or /Y in, making the rules irrelevant since the necessary is satisified and the sufficient condition falls away.

In the game with the two boats with three adults and five children, there is a F -> G rule, and the contrapositive is /G -> /F. Instead of notating F or /G, JY instead notates G into the diagram. Once again, the necessary is satisfied and the sufficient condition falls away.

Is this what I'm supposed to be doing in my gameboard setup? Because if so, this might cut down some time while I'm doing games and even get my head straight when I'm doing the games.

If anyone has any advice on this, please let me know. I'm struggling most with just the gameboard set up (for most games) - as soon as I accomplish that, the questions are ridiculously easy.

Comments

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

In general, noting rules directly on the board is better than writing them out individually because it allows you to more quickly "see" the inferences and intersections between rules. Not every rule lends itself to being written on a board, but anytime you can do so you should!

If you'd like someone to look over your analytics and talk about how to help with games, I'd be happy to do a consult with you!

https://calendly.com/scott-milam/7sage-tutoring-consult