Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very inconsistent/unpredictable PT scores

Oddish10Oddish10 Core Member
in General 34 karma

Has anyone experienced drastic changes in their PTs? I've made good progress in breaking into the mid 160s, then dropped into the low 150s, broke into the 170, but my last score was a 153. BRs are consistently in the 170s. I've taken 6 PTs so far. It might just be a purely mental/emotional thing? A bad LG section definitely throws me off (which is what happened for my low scores), and I find it hard to recover in the next sections after LG. A bad LG section 1 would probably be my worst nightmare.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

help please

Comments

• malevene1malevene1 Member
    11 karma

I have had slight fluctuations, not to the extent of yours, but could it be attributed to mental fatigue? I know some days when I take a PT and i'm not 100% locked in my RC score falls drastically, and I can feel myself losing interest while doing it. So my guess would be mental fatigue/exhaustion.

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

Hopefully a sage or a tutor chimes in, but what it sounds like to me is that you're narrowing down the ACs to two or three possibilities and either getting lucky with your selection or unlucky. That's just speculation on my part. To help you diagnose the problem when blind reviewing don't just figure out why the right answer is right, e.g., if you got it wrong, ask yourself: why did I get this wrong? Did I fall for a trap? Have I done this before? Did I waste time on this? Was another AC appealing to me and why was it appealing and why ultimately is it wrong? etc. Good luck

• Hinde SophiaHinde Sophia Alum Member
    165 karma

Have you tried keeping a wrong answer journal? That's helped me a lot to see the patterns of my issues. DM me if you want I can share the one I use.