Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Message to those that are struggling

AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
in General 342 karma

I started LSAT with 144, then I was stuck at 154-155. I remember drilling LG for 6 months still getting -6/-7, started with -16. Thoughts were coming into my mind. Was this the end of it? Was I mentally limited? Then I came across this book "Genius in all of us"- free downloadable. This book I found out from 7sage users scoring 170s. I read it and learned brain can reshape. So, I said to myself, well maybe I do not have a head start, but if a restructuring in a brain is required then let it be. I started pushing myself more and more in a hope to catch a break. Eventually, I did. I started hitting -0 LG and then eventually -0 in 30 minutes. Next up was LR, Again I stumbled. Stuck at -10, why could not I do it asking myself. One word change in a stimulus is the flaw, darn is that even possible? After 3-4 months of straight drilling along with JY reviews and Manhattan prep review, I went down to -3 consistent, started with -17. In my real LSAT, Term shift showed up and I laughed after catching it. Next was RC. I could not even understand the passages. I said to myself can anyone? Obviously, I learned the hard way, I was the dumb one. Being a science background, I had it easy with those, but Law and Art/humanity remained a challenge. I did 7sage law preview 3 months along with RC and defined most recurrent words. Law passage and science passage became easy. Art did not and I screwed that passage in the real test also, but ultimately, went from 144 to high 160s on practice. I did get in 160s on real also. Ultimately, self learning is probably not the most efficient, however, doable. Tutor may cut the time significantly. Either way, if you are in a position I was, read the book, empower your mind, fall get up, fall get up, do it 500 times if it needs, probably will need if going into 170 (given 99 tests), but change the dam brain if needed and get what you want.
I studied LSAT for about 11 months in span of 13 months.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Love seeing inspirational stories like this. Thank you!

• Ikakaadelina2Ikakaadelina2 Free Trial Member
    34 karma

I’m glad you were able to overcome those challenges

I’m also in the same position right now

It’s so disappointing when you’re drilling and get most of the answer wrong or half
    But I’ll try to push and push forward

• Nikki S.Nikki S. Member
    8 karma

Thank you for sharing your story. This journey is not easy, thank you for the inspiration. Good luck to you and congratulations!

• Hinde SophiaHinde Sophia Alum Member
    165 karma

This is so helpful, thank you!!! I am in a similar position now and trying to push myself but it is hard to stay motivated.

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    342 karma

@"Hinde Sophia" said:
    This is so helpful, thank you!!! I am in a similar position now and trying to push myself but it is hard to stay motivated.

I watched YouTube motivational video. It helped. I was at 158-159. I was all fired up and got my highest 167 lol. Afterward, I would listen to the videos, reignite my motivation and attack. It comes down to fire, concentration, and endurance. Endurance I built by doing 5 passages and two back to back RC.

• Hi, did you use any tutors along the way?

• AryanSingh-1AryanSingh-1 Member
    342 karma

@"Persistence_beats-resistance28" said:
    Hi, did you use any tutors along the way?

I did not, but from my mistakes that i noted farrr into study. I realized tutor may have cought it and cut time significantly and helped to preserve clean practice tests. Like flaw questions. I was finding every flaw in the argument, but not just the one committed by author. I didnt know why flaw was a big obstacle. But the fact i was finding every flaw, once i realized, i started to get almost all flaw questions write. Also some tweak to negation test. Little things that stops getting -2/-3 in LR but are very important.

• skmahal510-1-1skmahal510-1-1 Live Member
    20 karma

Singh is King! Good work brother