Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noticed a Pattern in "What determines the placement of all items" questions... Anybody else see it?

gisellegoadgisellegoad Core Member
in Logic Games 42 karma

Hey all,

I've noticed that, when there is a question such as "Which of the following, if true, determines all [placements within the given game]?" the answer choice includes the placement of the free agent, which is often the last piece that goes unplaced since the other answer choices leave it up to question. Therefore, I've begun testing answer choices with looking for the one or ones that tell where the free agent goes. This has sped up my elimination process significantly.

Anybody else see this?

Comments

• 25 karma

Yes! I also do the same thing with CBT/CBF questions when I notice that only 1 or 2 answer choices include floaters. It's especially effective in this context when there are a lot of deductions -- and thus not a lot of open spaces on the gameboard.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

I haven’t noticed this pattern but it certainly sounds reasonable. I’ll start trying it out. Thank you for mentioning it!