Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

admission gpa

tkesl11tkesl11 Member
edited May 2022 in Law School Admissions 55 karma

I will be applying before my final year so I still have classes to take. Does admissions focus on the GPA at application or do they also look at the possibility of an increase with me having 24 credit left?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

I think it depends on when you apply. If you apply super early, like September or October, then I’d imagine they’ll really only consider your grades through your fall semester of senior year. They simply won’t know what you’ll make in the spring (though I’d imagine if you do terrible in the spring it wouldn’t work out great). It’s also possible that if you apply super early they’d make a decision based on the grades through the end of your junior year.

I may be totally wrong about this, though, so I’d speak with someone who deals directly with admissions if you can.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Hi @tkesl11 . Former admissions officer here. The admissions committee will review your application with the grades available to them at the time of review. For example, if you apply in October and your file is up for review in November, the committee will make its final decision based on just the grades submitted. If you apply in October and your file is up for review in February, the committee will likely ask that you submit your fall grades to update your file. Once your file is received and ready for review, it is up to admissions as to when in the cycle the committee will make a final decision. Good luck!