Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice--When to Sign up for LSAT

LastMinuteLSATLastMinuteLSAT Core Member
edited May 2022 in General 6 karma

Hello! I am looking to apply this fall for the Fall 2023 cycle, ideally in October as suggested by a lot of discussions. I am planning on taking the LSAT in either September or October, or both. I started studying at the beginning of May and have seen hopeful progress!

I would like some advice—do I take the LSAT in September and sign up for October just in case, or do I wait until October to sign up for the first time and sign up for November just in case?

I’m thinking of signing up for 2 just because I want to have my application in as soon as possible and if I don’t do so well on the first one (though positive thinking—I’m gonna kill it), I can take the second one and still apply during the earlier part of the application cycles.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

If your top priority is to apply as early as possible, it seems to me you should sign up for September and October. In my opinion, though, you should let your PT scores decide when you sign up (meaning if you’re not scoring where you want by August or so, you should plan for the later dates).