Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice Tests

DanielaC2482-1DanielaC2482-1 Core Member
in General 17 karma

I am following the 7sage syllabus but I am confused on when I am supposed to start taking the practice tests. Do I just go through with all of the syllabus and then start using them for drilling? or am I supposed to be taking one every week even if I have not learned every subject?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited June 2022 2239 karma

People have mixed opinions on this. I personally don't recommend taking PTs before completing the curriculum because I don't think it's as beneficial to test yourself on sections you have no training in. Many people like to take PTs while they go through the curriculum so that they can get used to the timing of the test, the mental stamina required, to see how they're progressing, and the keep the concepts fresh in their head. It's really personal preference.

• r.anger1r.anger1 Core Member
    86 karma

i think the best advice for anyone is learning all the material first, then taking untimed sections and/or full tests until you really understand every question you encounter, then focus on getting the timing down. i wouldn't recommend drilling until you've gone through enough questions to see what specifically you need to focus on