Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mastery Practice Material?

First time poster, longtime lurker.

I took the June 2015 LSAT and I did well, but I really have my heart set on a T14 and I need to raise my score about 5-10 points. The first time around, one of my friends was nice enough to give me study books she never used, and they had mastery sections which were good for just doing one off timed sections -- I burnt through those for LG and LR.

What do others use for this? When you don't have time to take a full PT but want to just keep a certain section in check. I don't want to burn through PT because I need to save some for right before the Oct. test (I already took 52-71 during my June prep). Is there even anything to combat this issue?

My games are great, usually minus one per section, but I want to make sure I am doing timed sections at least once a week to keep myself fresh -- again, but not burn through PT.

Appreciate any advice!

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Try buying some earlier books of PrepTests from Amazon.

This contains PT 29-38: http://www.amazon.com/Next-Actual-Official-PrepTests-Series/dp/0979305055/ref=pd_sim_14_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0TRSN960S9Y4P2SJXKV1

19-28 can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/More-Actual-Official-LSAT-PrepTests/dp/0979305039/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1WENBHKZPMHR8GG8V8NC

Roughly 7-18: http://www.amazon.com/10-Actual-Official-LSAT-PrepTests/dp/0979305047/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

Working through timed sections here can definitely keep your skills in shape. The Cambridge LSAT packets are more for drilling question types, but that may be a valuable resource for you as well depending on your needs.

Hope this helps!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Agree with Corey.

And ... Retake, retake, retake those PT's you've already done! Seriously, plenty of my prep has been retakes (both of full PT's and sections, but mostly the former) and I consistently see improvement on my non-retake/fresh PT scores.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Retaking is definitely beneficial and really humbles you. Perfect example is this unicorn/centaur question on PT52. I've seen this question before a long time ago while drilling, got it wrong then and got it wrong yesterday too. Proof that there is still much to learn! If you never retake tests you might not have the opportunity to uncover some clear weaknesses or bad thought processes.
  • NotoriousCMMNotoriousCMM Member
    16 karma
    I circle in the answers in my test book for I put them on the sheet so I find it hard to retake -- need to stop doing that. I will probably retake doing BR, which I did not do last time around.

Thank you for the help!
    7965 karma
    @c.janson35 said:
    Perfect example is this unicorn/centaur question on PT52. I've seen this question before a long time ago while drilling, got it wrong then and got it wrong yesterday too.
    Don't even talk to me about it. Can't even. Why. WHY.

BUT. This time we will master it.
    7965 karma
    @cmmikiewicz said:
    I circle in the answers in my test book for I put them on the sheet so I find it hard to retake -- need to stop doing that.
    Here, try this!

I've easily erased 20+ full PT's and then retaken them without issue.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    I've easily erased 20+ full PT's and then retaken them without issue.
    I would pay someone 100 bucks to do this painstaking work for me, which is why I would just buy some 10 Actual PT booklets instead. Every time.
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I would pay someone 100 bucks to do this painstaking work for me, which is why I would just buy some 10 Actual PT booklets instead. Every time.
    I'm available for such services. You ship, send a Benji, I erase, return. It'll only cost you 5x+ the cost of just buying a new book.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    I don't erase. I just go through and either circle all the answers or cross them all out. I can never tell which answer I selected before.