Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accidentally Used Scratchpaper on Writing Portion

Live_Laugh_LawsuitLive_Laugh_Lawsuit Yearly Member
in General 16 karma

Hi so I forgot about that stupid email they sent out weeks ago that we can't use scratch-paper on the LSAT writing portion. I started to use scratch-paper but then stopped after writing literally 4 words because I realized they provided digital scratch paper.

I need advice: What should I do? Should I email LSAC and make my case? Pray that they didn't even notice? What should I do?

I am literally panicking because I don't want to have to take the writing section again, and I don't want my test to be flagged (I don't want admissions officers to think I cheated or did something bad).

Please help, I'm so scared and I have no idea what to do

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27891 karma

Because this is such a new rule and there’s really nothing I can think of to serve as a precedent, I’m not sure what the move is. But I can’t think even the worst case scenario is that bad. At worst, it’s an innocuous oversight from which you derive no advantage from made due to a policy that doesn’t really make much sense. If you have to write an addendum explaining any kind of ding, I’m sure most admin officers would roll their eyes over the fact LSAC would be so petty. More likely, I’d guess, no one ever knows the difference or else you’ll just have to redo the writing sample.

So first and foremost, you’re going to be fine.

As far as reporting to LSAC, it might be the prudent move. If you do receive any sort of disciplinary flag on your apps (which surely you wouldn’t, I mean come on!), having taken the initiative to report the mistake might reflect well. That move likely eliminates the best case scenario that no one ever knows the difference, but it blunts the worst case scenario. If someone were to call LSAC and ask, perhaps hypothetically, what would happen in this scenario, LSAC might be able and willing to tell them. It kind of sucks if the email didn’t explain this. Puts a lot of people in a really uncomfortable position.

• etc_2435etc_2435 Member
    31 karma

I just went back to the email they sent the week before the June LSAT and it says we need to show the camera our scratch paper before starting the essay? I'm seeing conflicting answers everywhere about whether or not scratch paper was allowed and am very confused