Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study tips

nesshakknesshakk Live Member
in General 55 karma

I have been studying for LSATs since February 2022. I am done with all my core lessons and my weakest section is LG. So far I have taken 4 practice tests and the highest I've scored was 143. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anyone in the same boat? Any study tips?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

If your weakest section is LG, I’d recommend stopping everything you’re doing and fool proofing the games from the tests you’ve taken and the games from PTs 1-35. If you’ve completed the CC then you should’ve watched a video lesson about fool proofing, but if you need any tips or help I’d be happy to chat. While fool proofing you may want to sprinkle in some LR and RC practice so that you don’t get rusty, but it’s optional. If you fool proof as it’s meant to be done, you will absolutely see improvement in LG and it probably won’t take too long. After drilling LG, you can then look at more specific weaknesses you have.

I hope this helps a bit. I’m not a tutor, so don’t take what I say as gospel, but luckily LG is generally considered the easiest section to improve!

• nesshakknesshakk Live Member
    55 karma

Thank you so much!

• FutureQlawyerFutureQlawyer Member
    edited June 2022 44 karma

Stop taking practice tests. Increase your understanding of what you are reading.

If you cannot describe what you read in every LR question (passage, question stem and answer choices), If you cannot understand the set up (game board/ diagram) in LG and if you cannot understand what the purpose, theme and points of view are in RC passages as well as what is explicitly asked in RC questions, you should not be taking practice tests.

Once you increase your understanding your score will start to improve and your understanding will increase and then you have a chance to understand more which will make time less of a factor.