Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comprehension

harrismeganharrismegan Member
in General 2074 karma
I recently posted about this I think.
I found the LSAT Trainer was a really helpful resource and I saw vast improvement in my score, but.... now I feel as if, as I'm moving up in LSAT #..... I am again lagging in Reading Comprehension.

I think, to improve, I have to change my method or tweak my method.
How do you study for Reading Comprehension? Right now I'm going through past LSATs (just did #40) and drilling the full 4 passage section. I am then going through and circling the ones I am not sure on, going back to try and find support for the answer, and then correcting.

Should I go through EACH question? and not just the ones I felt were wrong? should I re read the entire passage again?
What do you do?

Comments

• anderdwanderdw Alum Member
    3 karma
    I don't really think I can give you the answer you are looking for honestly. With that being said, I think you should compare a newer RC passage with an old one and look for similarities and differences in phrasing and structure. Then compare the questions as well. Look for the common theme in your missed questions and look for patterns. Sometimes the best way to study something is to read for pleasure and (maybe not pleasure if it's Yahoo Finance) like JY says try to become more familiar with the topics you are reading. Something he says is that the more familiar you become with topics the easier you'll be able to parse the information. Just a thought.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    If you really picked up a lot from the Trainer I would revisit his LR instruction on reading for argument structure. I found that between all the 7Sage and Trainer work in LR I really made great strides in RC as well because the former forces you into reading in much the same way you need to on LR. I feel that improving LR is the rising tide that raises all ships on the LSAT.