Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproofing help

n76543kl-1n76543kl-1 Core Member
edited July 2022 in Logic Games 31 karma

I am currently going through the logic game drills from preptests 1-35. My process is to do the logic game (ex. logic game 1 from preptest 1) first under timed conditions, blind review and watch the explanation, and then repeat the game consecutively 10 times under timed conditions. Is this correct?

I was also wondering how much improvement in the logic games score you can get from foolproofing preptests 1-35

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited July 2022 2239 karma

While your current approach is solid, and may very well serve you best, I prefer using the “Pacifico Method.” In short, you do a game under timed conditions, watch the explanation video, immediately repeat the game, then attempt the same game the next day, then, finally, one more time a week later. So, if done correctly, you attempt a game four times in total. If after your fourth attempt you didn’t get all of the questions correct, didn’t complete the game under the target time, missed some inferences, or just don’t feel comfortable with the game, then flag it and come back to it (possibly multiple times) at a later date.

I prefer the Pacifico Method because I’ve found four attempts is usually enough for me. Sometimes I need five or six, but ten feels a bit overkill for most games. That’s not to say doing the game ten times is wrong; after all, JY, who created the method, advocates for ten attempts. I just think that if you’ve got the game down pat after four attempts, you should be good.

I use a simple Excel spreadsheet to track my scores, times, and dates that I attempted each game. I can share it with you if you’d like to see a more concrete example of the Pacifico Method. Also, if you have any other questions regarding the method I’m happy to answer them and/or link you to the forum discussion outlining the method. It was created by a former 7Sager named “Pacifico,” hence the name of the method.

As for how much improvement you can expect to see, that varies by person. For some, games come easily and they’re consistently missing zero by the time they finish fool proofing tests 1-35. Personally, I started with a -9 diagnostic on LG and with a few tests left in PTs 1-35, I’m missing about 1 or 2 per section (on average). I don’t know if my stats are at all typical or representative, but I promise you the fool proofing method works and you will see improvement!

• n76543kl-1n76543kl-1 Core Member
    31 karma

Hey Matt, I started with a initial score of -16 on LG so it's very motivating to see that improvement could indeed be possible. Would it be possible if you could link the information regarding the pacifico method and spreadsheet?

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out, and best of luck in your preparations.

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

@n76543kl-1 Yes of course! I'm happy to help. And trust me, improvement in LG is absolutely possible. Though I went -9 on my diagnostic, I got a few correct that I guessed on. So I seriously doubt my LG abilities were actually at a -9 level at the beginning of my studies. When I started studying LG, I really couldn't finish any game under 10 minutes and hardly ever got all of the questions right. When I began the Pacifico Method, I was doubtful that I'd see improvement like others often talk about. Though I'm certainly not an LG whiz yet, I can confidently say I'm much more comfortable with the section!

Here is the link to the thread outlining the Pacifico Method: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

And I'm happy to show you my spreadsheet. If you private message me your email, I'll send it to you. 7Sage admins recommend that you don't post your email on these public forums, so make sure to send it to me directly. Good luck to you as well! I guarantee that you can greatly improve your LG score!

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1110 karma

We're actually hosting a webinar that will cover foolproofing soon! https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/32757/webinar-building-better-boards-tips-for-lg

If you want to chat with us separately, you can reach out here - https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult?utm_source=DF