LOR Advice - Unique Situation

Hi everyone. I'm planning to apply this fall and would love some insight on letters of rec. I'm four years out of undergrad and have one letter already completed by one of my professors from freshman year. Thinking about the other two letters I need, here's where I stand:

I've worked for a small nonprofit since graduation and have a fantastic relationship with the Executive Director. I know she would write me a wonderful letter of rec and has worked with me for 6 years (two internships in the summer at the same nonprofit). This is a non-legal job.

The husband of my Executive Director is a trial attorney and partner at a firm in a mid-sized city, and has an excellent legal reputation. When he found out I was interested in law school and specifically public interest he asked me to interview for a part-time comms position at a pro bono legal clinic - of which he is the Board President. I have been working there for nearly two years very part time. I also have a great relationship with him and he would write me a wonderful letter of rec as well.

I'm not sure if I should use both of them for my letters of rec as I'm unsure how it would look to have a a husband and wife each writing me a letter. I've had a longer and more comprehensive working relationship with my Executive Director, but I don't want to leave out a letter of rec from the only recommender who is in the legal profession.

Any thoughts? Should I speak with an admissions consultant to further discuss this? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• hiparadieshiparadies Alum Member
    6 karma

Hm this is a great question. I think that since you have developed a professional working relationship with both of them that you should be okay to use both as recommenders, especially considering you already have a letter from undergrad and you've been out of the classroom for a bit so it would make sense to use a working relationship. It would be different if you only knew the attorney through his wife, but the fact that you've worked under him is a green light to me.