PT14.S2.Q06 - Some Scientist believe that the.

Charity_GCharity_G Alum Member
edited July 2022 in Logical Reasoning 72 karma

Hello fellow 7Sagers! I figured we were all in this LSAT Journey together, so I decided to create this discussion thread for this particular question/type. I did get the answer correct, so in this thread I will be going through my thought process; I am open to advice.

Answer Choice A - Incorrect. Why? It is irrelevant to the naturalists' claim.

Answer Choice B - Incorrect. Why? Optimum means "best." Therefore, since the claim is about the survival and adaptability of mice, how is it supporting the naturalists' claim?

*Answer Choice C - Incorrect. Why? Though the fossil remains do in fact prove that mice are able to survive and adapt, the mention of harsh and unbearable weather for human conditions is mentioned in the conclusion/claim, thus making the answer choice incorrect and irrelevant. (Someone discuss this with me please! I almost got tripped up with this one. How can I avoid that?).

Answer Choice D - Correct. Why? Shows that mice are able to adapt and survive in harsh climates by providing an example that is deadly for human life (i.e., Antarctica).

Answer Choice E - Incorrect. Why? It is irrelevant to the claim.

This question was more on the easier side, but - for right now - these are the question types I need to focus on. If you have any tips for strengthening questions, once again, I am open to advice!

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited July 2022 785 karma

I like your analysis! With AC choice C, however, you need to realize that the scientists are arguing that the relationship between mice and humans has over time diminished the ability of mice to survive in nature. C tells us information that the scientists would not necessarily disagree with because it happened before humans arrived, where as D is much better because it tells us something that is currently happening and a way in which mice do not depend on human civilization for their continued existence, which strengthens the naturalists prediction.

Hope this helps!

• Charity_GCharity_G Alum Member
    72 karma

@AlexgLSAT Thank you so much! Yes, that makes more sense.