Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting down to two answer choices and end up choosing the wrong one!

avasquez65avasquez65 Core Member

This happens to me the majority of the time I end up getting an answer wrong. Most of the time ( and I feel stupid for saying this) the right answer choice looks too easy and I feel like I'm being suckered into choosing that answer - 90% of the time that "easy" answer choice ends up being right. Any tips to overcome this?

Comments

• Charity_GCharity_G Alum Member
    72 karma

Try skimming the stimulus again. There may be a key detail you are not understanding or paying attention to. This strategy works for me.

• sydneyr85sydneyr85 Member
    29 karma

Look at the answer choices very critically. Analyze every single word, and if one seems off, or out of scope or too strong, then its probably not right. Compare the choices to the stimulus, not to each other. See if theres a certain question type that you fall for the wrong choice more often than others, and look for patterns of what you are falling for. Be able to explain exactly why that choice is wrong after you miss a question and spend some time with it.