Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resources For Logic-Heavy LR?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
To date I have been through 7Sage twice, the Trainer twice and Manhattan LR twice; my conditional logic principles are strong but I fall apart when seeing it in the form of a written stimulus.

Getting the text translated is fine, but the trouble is working through the "process" of the logic from that point forward.

I think I need to consider other resources out there. Has anyone uncovered anything that helped them in this area? There's boundless virtual beer available to anyone who can assist!

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy the logical reasoning nemesis

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I haven't used anything but 7Sage and the Trainer but honestly I think this is an area in which JY really excels. I sometimes encounter similar issues with really convoluted ones and then if I watch JY's explanations it becomes so clear and simple. I would definitely hit up his videos for any of those questions that are heavy on conditional logic. Also, if you can translate well then you should be good to go if your conditional logic principles are strong. Since you say you're still having issues, I would guess that one of those statements isn't actually as true as you seem to think it is. I would go back to the translation lessons to make sure it's not that, and then review some logic to make sure you're actually good there and not just telling yourself you are since you've been through the curriculum twice.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I, too, had such a major problem with this. I find that paraphrasing has become my best friend. Try looking at the stimulus and, instead of forcing yourself to force out the conditionality, paraphrase what you're reading so you can put it into the conditional statement that works.

That would be my advice!