Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you foolproof LG?

fatmaalazazifatmaalazazi Member
edited July 2022 in Logic Games 127 karma

So, I've been foolproofing LG and this is my process.

1. Complete the game under time constrain.
  2. If I get any questions wrong, I BR to understand the mistakes I made.
  3. Take the game again under time constrain (after a while so either half hour, one hour, or next day).
  4. If I get every question right then I move on to the next game. If I get anything wrong, then I foolproof again.

Most times (like 90%) I only have to foolproof once after BR. I make sure I know the game inside and out during BR which is why I mostly don't have to foolproof again.

Is this okay? or do people usually foolproof a couple of times even though they keep getting the question correct?

Tell me what you did.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

My issue with only doing a game twice in relatively rapid succession (as it sounds you sometimes do unless I'm misunderstanding) is that I've found that often, after completing a game the second time on the same day, I believe I've learned a game's inferences, setups, and lessons, but when I return to the game a week or month later, I realize I forgot some stuff. I think it's hard to know whether or not you truly internalized a game's lessons unless you attempt the game at least three or four times with some time between attempts.

For the reasons above, I prefer using the “Pacifico Method.” In short, you do a game under timed conditions, watch the explanation video, immediately repeat the game, then attempt the same game the next day, then, finally, one more time a week later. So, if done correctly, you attempt a game four times in total. If after your fourth attempt you didn’t get all of the questions correct, didn’t complete the game under the target time, missed some inferences, or just don’t feel comfortable with the game, then flag it and come back to it (possibly multiple times) at a later date.

I prefer the Pacifico Method because I’ve found four attempts is usually enough for me. Sometimes I need five or six, but ten feels a bit overkill for most games. That’s not to say doing the game ten times is wrong; after all, JY, who created the method, advocates for ten attempts. I just think that if you’ve got the game down pat after four attempts, you should be good.

I use a simple Excel spreadsheet to track my scores, times, and dates that I attempted each game. I can share it with you if you’d like to see a more concrete example of the Pacifico Method. Also, if you have any other questions regarding the method I’m happy to answer them and/or link you to the forum discussion outlining the method. It was created by a former 7Sager named “Pacifico,” hence the name of the method.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    785 karma

Hi! I am a consistent -0 scorer on LG, and this is the method I used to improve from the -14 on my diagnostic:

1. Do each game under timed conditions (normally a PT)
    2. BR and immediately watch video explanation.
    3. Foolproof games the next day and every subsequent day until -0 and under a minute target time.
    4. Do it one more time a week later.

The goal with foolproofing is to remember and recognize the common inferences in future games. I think that doing a game multiple times in a day can result in you remembering the answer choices as opposed to the repeating inferences and patterns. Experiment for yourself, and whatever method you use, make sure you keep track of results in a spreadsheet, it works wonders.
    You got this!