Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is two months of PTing Enough?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
Sorry for all of my recent posts. If 7Sage charged $10 a post JY would be able to take an extra vacation this year on me.

I was going to shoot for the October LSAT. I did a few PTs last week and didn't improve from my 148 diagnostic. Safe to say, more work was needed.

My solace was deciding to shoot for the December test instead of October. The extra two months alone lifted a huge weight off me.

However, if I can improve my skills by August 1st, I may still shoot for October. My questions is, is 2 months enough for the PT stage? I own a business so am slightly blessed with the luxury of being able to wrap my work up my Noon and devote the rest of the day to LSAT work. So 7/8 hours a day is no problem.

Any thoughts? Should I stick with December or is October still a possibility?

Thanks,
Jim @ the point of confusion

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    As I say to everyone else in this situation. Prep for October so you have a sense of urgency (but don't rush at the expense of learning), take it in October or don't, keep prepping until you get your score if you took it, then take or retake in December if need be. 148 sounds like you're still not crushing LG, so I'd make that your first priority since it's the easiest and will help develop your confidence for the rest of the test. How were your BRs? Did you do full test BRs or circled BRs? With under a 160 you should probably do full test BRs for a bit to develop your reasoning skills.

If you need a new perspective and haven't used it, check out the LSAT Trainer and read at least the first 15-20 chapters before you do more PTs. Otherwise, use your analytics to target your weak spots in LR and if they are focused on only a couple question types then drill those a lot. I wouldn't drill a crazy amount for RC since I think the Trainer or the LR drilling should help shore up problems there as well.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    haha I love the beginning of this.
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    You can decide if 2 months is enough based on how many PTs you plan to take and how many you can stand to take in a week! I took about 20 full length PTs over 3 months, doing at first 1 a week, then 2, then 3. Taking 20 was good for me because it would take 3 or 4 PTs for me to reach a new score range, and I peaked around my 15th PT. Also take into account how your score progresses and how much your comfort with the test increases from week to week, and it'll become clearer over time how to adjust your PT schedule.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    It depends on how many you'll take during those two months and what score you're aiming for.