Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Help

Future_EsqFuture_Esq Member
edited August 2022 in Logical Reasoning 66 karma

Can anyone offer any tips to master LR? I read loophole and went through 7Sage CC. When I take full length timed practice sections I’m at -2 but when I do a full practice test I’m hitting -7 to -9 on both the scored and experimental sections which is where I was scoring before studying. Anyone else have this issue and have tips on how they improved?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2245 karma

It’s sounds to me like one or two things are happening: nerves are getting the best of you during PTs, you’re experiencing mental fatigue when taking PTs, or both. If you typically get a -2 when doing full-length practice sections, that implies that you have a great grasp of LR. The issue isn’t so much your ability to understand LR, but rather your ability to implement that understanding during a PT.

If you think nerves are the issue, many students swear by meditating and/or following a consistent routine before PTs. Also, if you haven’t taken too many PTs, there’s a good chance that you’ll become more comfortable as your take more. If you think mental fatigue is the issue, then I’d recommend blocking off study sessions to be at least two hours long. If you check your phone or take a break right after you finish a practice section, or a section of drills, or a curriculum video, then you’re only exerting mental energy for a span of about 5 to 35 minutes at a time. Turning off your phone and forcing yourself to study for at least two hours straight, with no breaks, would serve you much better. Additionally, trying to change your mindset towards PTs can help a lot. So if you have a rough section, tell yourself the next section will be great. The rough section is in the past and you can use other sections to raise your score. Allowing one bad section or mentally draining section to tank other sections is a common issue people have.