Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR help MSS

carlosd18carlosd18 Core Member

Anyone have any tips on how to do better on MSS questions, i do understand the question stem and the passage but, I always seem to choose the wrong answer choice. I also understand the question but, maybe what is the point to a most strongly supported question.

Comments

• WinningHereWinningHere Member
    417 karma

Based on the facts (stimulus), what can be supported? The answer choice does not have to be strong nor a totality of the stimulus, but maybe just a small part. Perhaps pay attention to the first and last sentences (if more than two).

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited August 2022 2239 karma

Also, though it will probably take longer, you can go back to the stimulus to verify something is supported. It’s worth remembering that for all MSS questions, including the harder ones, only one of the answer choices receives legitimate support. Because it’s an MSS question and not a MBT question, it’s possible the correct answer could make a very small assumption, but it will utterly pale in comparison to any assumptions made by the other answer choices. If you’re torn between two or three answers, really try to focus on what assumptions or misphrasings the answer choices have.