Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Explainers not playing?

dpgold24dpgold24 Core Member

Hi all,

have never had this issue but my videos explainers will play then stop at 3 seconds in. if it does come back in, it's audio only and the visual on screen remains frozen. The only thing I have changed recently was downloading the proctor u chrome plugin yesterday for my test. Have tried clearing browser data, incognito, disconnecting airpods, etc. Any ideas on how to fix? Thank you!

Comments

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited August 2022 1431 karma

Hi @dpgold24

Sorry for the trouble. I tried to reproduce the issue, but I was not able to, the Video Explanations that I accessed are loading properly on my end without any issues, I am using Mac on Chrome. Please see the sample GIF below:

However, I would like to get to the bottom of this so that it is working on your end too. Please try the following:

1.Change your video player to a more compatible one. Here’s how:

Go to Account settings (https://7sage.com/account/)
    Under Profile Settings
    Tap on the drop-down menu under Video Player
    Select either "Classic - Older player with most features" or "Basic - Most compatible player with least features". See the screenshot below:

2.Use a different browser. We find that the Chrome browser works best with our course but Firefox and Safari work well too.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you are still having trouble.

• YoussefYoussef Core Member
    9 karma

Yes i had the same issue, just press the back button on your browser then quickly click the forward button and it should work.

• dpgold24dpgold24 Core Member
    32 karma

Thank you both! Restarted my computer & the issue was resolved ¯_(ツ)_/¯