Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proof Method, do you do the game twice in a day?

Steven CSteven C Free Trial Member
edited May 2014 in Logic Games 38 karma
So my question is about Step 5 "Watch the explanation video." and Step 6 "Take a clean copy of the game.
Reproduce all inferences from memory with control and speed. "

Should I be repeating the game right after watching the video? Trying to reproduce all inferences from memory?

If so, I feel like a complete fool :) I've been watching the videos right after a game I feel I haven't mastered, then waiting a day before I try the game again...And well that hasn't gotten me to where I want to be, so I rewatched the video and I'm thinking I could have been doing it wrong this whole time...

Comments

• laestelle2009laestelle2009 Alum Member
    96 karma
    i do. i do them about 4 or 5 times back to back, if i don't get it right on the 4th or 5th time then i watch the videos then i do it again down the line. i do not like to rely on the video explanations for the simple fact that i want to get the answers right because i understand them not because they are explained. good luck!
  • michellemoon0708michellemoon0708 Alum Member
    79 karma
    I agree with above poster.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    The amount of times you do the game isn't important. It is only a means to an end. The end being:

1. You can clearly see the inference(s) with the game you're practicing on.
    2. You can see said inference fast enough to the point where the entire game should only take you about 5 minutes.
  • thelocal711thelocal711 Free Trial Member
    edited May 2014 72 karma
    You know you are doing it right when you start noticing a prior inference in a new game as you are working through it. That's the idea here... the templates are all shades of the same basic game forms and elements therefore the inferences overlap often. ID'ing the inferences and applying their implications is the purpose to repeating these games (sometimes 10 or 15 times over the course of your studies). However you need to make that happen, do it. The modern games embody this idea perfectly. You see similar rules and inferences quite often as the games get a bit more abstract and open-ended.

What I do is repeat the games right after I initially take them and review them. Then I try to take them over again the next day. If I still see the inference and I am finishing in good time and go -0, I move on. If I dont, I repeat the entire process. The Fool Proof method essentially.. The ones that I feel are of more value or I struggled on significantly (dinosaur in-out, left-right side of the bus hybrid game, etc), I make note of and I review them periodically after I've "mastered" them through the process to make sure I'm still sharp on those inferences. Hope this helps!