Construct a Partition/Construction Workers LG (PT31.S1.G4)

kalenaaakalenaaa Core Member
edited August 2022 in Logic Games 7 karma

During the problem set, this game really stumped me, because it doesn't use any typical gameboard setup and I had a really hard time finding an effective way to successfully visualize and toggle all the variables. JY's explanation (https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-31-section-1-game-4/) had an okay game setup, but I still didn't like how it didn't represent the 2 vs 3-day possibilities or the distribution of the tasks over the days.

While I did only mediocre during my timed take of this game, during blind review I went back to the beginning and brainstormed ways to set up the board to fully and effectively represent all the variables, and I came up with this: (not sure the imgur embed is working so pls copy and paste this link into your browser) www.imgur.com/a/DKBdjxB https://imgur.com/a/DKBdjxB

This setup accounts for all possible gameboards (since the boards are determined by the Day and Task divisions) and there are only 5 (I realized the 5th possibility after I made the imgur link and cant be bothered to do it again, but it's a Day 1: FWT, Day 2: S, Day 3: P gameboard). I wrote the possible Crew Members next to each task in subscript, and kept rule 3b (Max 1 task/CM/Day) HEAVILY in mind. With this visualization of the game, the questions don't take much time at all!

For Q'S 19 and 21, I went down my second column and eliminated any answers that didn't have either I or K, then elim any without L or O, then any without L or G, etc. Made these Q's way faster than when I did the set timed, and with this info setup these questions took only 20-30 seconds each.

For the other 3 questions, you have to kind of blunt force them, but because you have all possible game boards you can kind of blunt force them in your head if you choose. This is where you want to keep rule 3b heavily in your mind, but be aware it can get jumbled in your head bc you're trying to track so many things.

Just wanted to share my game board set up because it made this game a thousand times easier, and I hope other people can benefit from this.