Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unacknowledged Transcript

Hey all, I attended a regular US university for undergrad, and that is the only school I attended after high school. I also attended a regular US high school and got a regular high school diploma. I took a couple of AP classes and got college credit for them.

I submitted my transcript to CAS, and I got an email titled "LSDAS Notice of Unacknowledged Transcript" saying that I did not disclose an institution and listed it as an "Unknown School".

I began questioning myself if I had unknowingly attended another school, but then I realized about my AP credits. So I looked it up on reddit and people said you don't have to submit high school transcripts because college credits are received through AP exam scores, not grades from high school. So I emailed LSAC, and their response felt a bit automated, but they said "The law schools wish to see the original transcript from every institution that granted you college credits, including college credits earned in high school, credits transferred to your degree-granting school, and credits that may not be part of the degree you earned."

I have nothing to hide on my high school transcript, but the transcript sending service doesn't include LSAC, and LSAC also doesn't acknowledge my high school as an institution. And I agree with the reddit comments that my high school transcript would not show the AP credits I received.

Does anybody know if it's normal for AP credits to cause this kind of mess?

Comments

• Melissa P.Melissa P. Alum Member
    5 karma

I've had the same issue recently, I'm in touch with LSAC but haven't come to a resolution yet!