Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference between tags SeqGrp and GrpSeq?

rzee0913rzee0913 Alum Member
in Logic Games 64 karma

Hi,

For the tags in the logic games section on the drilling page, there's one for 'grouping with sequencing' and one for 'sequencing with grouping'. Does anyone know the difference between the two?

If there is a difference, then should I do SeqGrp games whilst I'm target drilling GrpSeq/InoSeq games as well?

Thanks!

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited August 2022 2239 karma

If I understand correctly, grouping with sequencing games are primarily set up as grouping games, but within the groups you may have to sequence some game pieces. For instance, you may have to choose whether a piece goes into group A, B, or C, then within each group there are rankings, like maybe there's somebody in the "first place" in each group, "second place" in each group, etc.

Conversely, sequencing with grouping games are generally set up like sequencing games but you may have to group some stuff. For instance, you may have to linearly order seven game pieces, then choose whether each piece is an experienced employee or inexperienced, a liquid or a gas, etc.

I hope this helps some! And remember, game types are ultimately arbitrary. If you use a method different than the one in the explanation video and it works well for you or you just find it more intuitive, that's absolutely fine. I realize, however, that game types often help you to conceptualize games.

• rzee0913rzee0913 Alum Member
    64 karma

@"Matt Sorr" said:
    If I understand correctly, grouping with sequencing games are primarily set up as grouping games, but within the groups you may have to sequence some game pieces. For instance, you may have to choose whether a piece goes into group A, B, or C, then within each group there are rankings, like maybe there's somebody in the "first place" in each group, "second place" in each group, etc.

Conversely, sequencing with grouping games are generally set up like sequencing games but you may have to group some stuff. For instance, you may have to linearly order seven game pieces, then choose whether each piece is an experienced employee or inexperienced, a liquid or a gas, etc.

I hope this helps some! And remember, game types are ultimately arbitrary. If you use a method different than the one in the explanation video and it works well for you or you just find it more intuitive, that's absolutely fine. I realize, however, that game types often help you to conceptualize games.

Yes this was very helpful - thank you!