Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you mouth words during LSAT?

I find it very helpful in LR and RC to silently mouth the words while I am reading. It helps me better taken in the information, is this allowed on the test or will my mouth moving get flagged?

Comments

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    edited August 2022 192 karma

Reading out loud, or "mouth moving," will be flagged unless you have requested reading out loud or mouth moving as an accommodation. I hope this information helps

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    192 karma

For example, I have requested "reading out loud" as an accommodation. LSAC granted me this accommodation.

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

Not to get into personal details, but did you have to submit professional proof for that accommodation-- reading out loud/mouthing words really helps me too, but I want to know if it's possible to get this accommodation by just asking...

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

Also, I just realized that the deadline to request for the accommodations is tonight, so if anyone can answer ASAP, that would be much appreciated!

• Caffeinated99Caffeinated99 Core Member
    62 karma

You need to submit proof. There is a list of the documents they need. You need a qualified professional to fill out a form and in some cases documentation of your disability/need for accommodations.

• minanicola97minanicola97 Member
    35 karma

What would you need to send to be able to speak to yourself at the test? Anyone know

• Ariel151Ariel151 Member
    3 karma

Such bs, I tried but you basically have no other choice than to find a qualified professional who can sign off on you needing it. Very annoyed