Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

154 --> 169 Thank You 7Sage

_sa_2020_sa_2020 Core Member
edited September 2022 in General 70 karma

I didn't think I would ever write one of these posts but alas.

In 2019, I started with a diagnostic score of 154. After studying for two years, I scored a 166 in the September 2021 test. I dipped to a 163 in the October 2021 test. After that, I was incredibly discouraged, took a break from studying, decided not to apply to law school that cycle, and even contemplated whether law school was right for me. I restarted studying this past summer, aggressively PTing, drilling, and reviewing, and I'm so happy I was able to increase, even if if it's only three points, my score to a 169.

Could not have done this without 7sage's thorough explanations and resources -- thank you.

My two things of unsolicited advice:

(1) Where there's a will, there's a f**king way.

This journey was incredibly challenging -- mentally and emotionally -- to the point where I asked myself repeatedly whether I even wanted to pursue the law. I felt like I had hit a wall, not once but multiple times, and kept going using brute force because I wanted it. If you want it and if you are willing to put in the work, you can -- and will -- achieve it.

(2) This is your journey and no one else's.

You know what's best for you. You know what study method works for you and how much you need to study to achieve the score you want. For me, because I'm not innately smart, I knew I had to put in more than five times the work than the average person. I answered every PT question, including RC, LG, and LR, from PT 15 and up at least five times (for LG, I did every question six to ten times). I know, crazy. This strategy doesn't work for everyone, but for me, I knew I had to drill these questions several times to develop my ability to recall different patterns (LSAT is all about pattern recognition). Figure out what works for you, and develop your own strategy. Block out the outside noise from your parents, tutors, or other high scorers -- they don't know what works best for you, only you do.

Good luck!

Comments