Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webinar: Diversity Statements and Addenda

Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
edited September 2022 in Law School Admissions 709 karma

Greetings, 7Sagers!!

Join 7Sage admissions consultants on Thursday, September 15 at 8 p.m. ET for a panel discussion on the usage of diversity statements and addenda within application materials. There will be time reserved for audience Q&A.

To register, click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_s-3IYfpxQZC5sok6iVBnnA.

Comments

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Hi I was late to the call and didn't get the intro to the two wonderful panelists. Will you post who they are? I'd love to reach out just to say thank you.

• kendra24kendra24 Alum Member
    edited September 2022 12 karma

My professors frown upon using conjunction words in formal essays, but for the sake of saving space, should we use/not use conjunction words in our personal statement or any supplemental writings?

• alonsogaralonsogar Live Member
    edited September 2022 69 karma

Hello Tajira,

I actually came into the Zoom call towards the end since my schedule was overlapping. I really enjoyed what I did catch.

Will the edited recorded version be posted and available under the "live sessions" webpage?

Alonso Garcia

• Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
    709 karma

Hi @goforbroke, thank you so much for joining us! The other consultants were Jennifer Kott and Jenifer Godfrey.

709 karma

Hi @kendra24, thank you so much for your question! Honestly, this is a subjective thing. I've read thousands of statements, and I have zero preference on conjunction use. I've never seen a candidate dinged for using conjunctions or heard any committee member complain. We're more focused on the quality of the writing and whether things make sense grammatically.

709 karma

Hi @alonsogar, thanks for joining us! Once the recording is edited, it will be posted to our podcast. There will be an announcement here in the discussion forum under "Podcasts," and it will also be accessible via Apple Podcast, Google Play, Spotify, etc.