Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice: Should I rewrite my personal statement??

jennyjenjen-1jennyjenjen-1 Member
edited September 2022 in Law School Admissions 71 karma

I applied last cycle to T-14s with stats that were below all of their 25th percentiles for both LSAT and GPA, and was waitlisted at all of them, I think because of how great my essays were! I am pretty sure I would've gotten in with a higher LSAT.

Well now I have a higher LSAT score (75th ish percentile) and I'm reapplying! I used the 7Sage admission's consulting for my essays last cycle and I created some really AWESOME essays. I can't afford the consulting package this time around (I saved up so much to even do that in the first place). I want to reuse my personal statement bc its so good but is that a bad idea?? I feel like the admissions teams really liked it to waitlist me.

All of the webinars with former admissions people say to rewrite, but they're always talking to people who were straight out rejected in the last cycle. I was just waitlisted and like I said, I think I would've gotten in with a higher LSAT since I was so far below the averages!!

What do you all think??

Comments

• C_S_D 01C_S_D 01 Member
    252 karma

As I understand it, one of the main reasons the advice is to rewrite is because admissions committees want to see your drive and your tenacity. Also to see how you've grown in a year.
    Especially if your rewrite is another good one, they will be excited to reconsider you, right?

Good luck!